Current Affairs plays an important role in UPSC, SSC, BANK and Other State Level Government Exams. Reading Current Affairs on a daily basis boosts your knowledge and increases the chance of your dream job.
1. P Magesh Chandran is associated with which sports?
- India’s P Magesh Chandran lifted the title in the 95th edition of the prestigious Hastings International Chess Congress at Hastings in England.
- He remained unbeaten in all the nine rounds
2. Which countries have recently designated US armed forces and Pentagon as ‘terrorist entities’?
- The Iranian parliament approved a triple-urgency bill which designates the US army and the Pentagon as a terrorist entity.
- The Bill further requires the government to allocate 200 million euro to the Islamic Revolution Guards Corps (IRGC) Quds Force to take revenge for the US killing of Lieutenant General Qassem Soleimani.
3. There has been growing demand to include Tulu in the Eighth Schedule of the Constitution. People from ______ speak Tulu language?
Answer- Parts of Kerala and Karnataka
- There has been growing demand to include Tulu in the Eighth Schedule of the Constitution.
- Tulu is a Dravidian language whose speakers are concentrated in the region of Tulu Nadu, which comprises the districts of Dakshina Kannada and Udupi in Karnataka and the northern part of Kasaragod district of Kerala.
4. Which state government is organizing the Zo Kutpui festival across 10 states in the country?
- The Mizoram State Government is organizing the Zo Kutpui festival across 10 states in the country and also in countries such as Myanmar, the US, and Bangladesh.
5. For 2019-20, National Statistical Office (NSO) has forecasted India’s GDP forecast at _______.
- The Indian economy is estimated to grow at 5 percent in 2019-20 as against 6.8 percent in the previous fiscal.
6. ‘Buxa Bird Festival’ begins in _______.
Answer- West Bengal
- The fourth ‘Buxa Bird Festival’ has begun in Buxa National Park in West Bengal’s Alipurduar district.
- Over 50 birdwatchers from across the country and abroad have registered for the 2020 edition of the four-day festival.
7. Recently, Which Indian state has recently decided to set up the Vikram Sarabhai Children Innovation Center?
- Gujarat Chief Minister Vijay Rupani has announced the setting up of the Vikram Sarabhai Children Innovation Center (VSCIC).
8. 31st International Kite Festival launched in _______.
- The 31st International Kite Festival has been launched at the Sabarmati riverfront in Ahmedabad.
- It will continue till 14th January- Makar Sankranti- the festival of Kites in different parts of the state.
9. Naseem-Al-Bahr is a joint naval exercise between India and _______.
- Royal Navy of Oman (RNO) ships RNOV Al Rasikh and RNOV Khassab have arrived at Mormugao Port in Goa to participate in the 12th edition of the Indo-Oman Bilateral Naval exercise, NaseemAl- Bahr.
- Naseem-Al-Bahr (or Sea Breeze) is a biennial naval exercise between the Indian Navy and the RNO, being conducted since 1993.
10. Who has been elected as the speaker of the Jharkhand Assembly?
Answer- Ravindra Nath Mahto
- In Jharkhand, Jharkhand Mukti Morcha (JMM) legislator Ravindra Nath Mahto from Nala constituency was unanimously elected as the new Assembly Speaker.
- Protem Speaker Stephen Marandi administered the oath to the newly elected Speaker of the State Assembly.
11. Which company has become the first carmaker to join Uber’s air taxi project?
- US ride-hailing company Uber Technologies Inc and South Korean automaker Hyundai Motor have teamed up to develop electric air taxis.
- Hyundai is the first carmaker to join Uber’s air taxi project, which also counts Boeing subsidiary Aurora Flight Sciences among its partner firms.