Current Affairs plays an important role in UPSC, SSC, BANK and Other State Level Government Exams. Reading Current Affairs on a daily basis boosts your knowledge and increases the chance of your dream job.
1. Which state government has launched eGazette portal for all gazette notifications?
- Odisha Chief Secretary Asit Tripathy launched an e-gazette portal and directed all departments to make use of the portal for all gazette notifications.
- The system has been developed by NIC which is first of its kind in the country.
2. Maharashtra observes Journalists’ Day on ______ to observe the birth anniversary of journalist Balshashtri Jambhekar.
Answer – 6th January
- Maharashtra Chief Minister Uddhav Thackeray extended his greetings for the Journalists’ Day which is being celebrated on the 6th of January every year in the state in the memory of late thespian journalist Balshashtri Jambhekar.
3. Which city is hosting the 4th All India Police Judo Cluster Championship 2019?
Answer- New Delhi
- The 4th All India Police Judo Cluster Championship 2019 was inaugurated in New Delhi.
- The sporting event is organized by the Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF).
4. Recently, India has extended a line of credit of USD 75 million to which country for financing solar parks?
Answer – Cuba
- India has extended a line of credit of USD 75 million (over Rs 500 crore) to Cuba for financing solar parks.
- Cuba Capital: Havana
- Currency: Peso
5. Recently, Who has won the ‘Global Child Prodigy Awards 2020’?
Answer- Sucheta Satish
- A 13-year-old Indian girl in Dubai has won the 100 Global Child Prodigy Award for singing in most languages during one concert and the longest live singing concert by a child.
- Sucheta Satish, a student in Dubai Indian High School, can sing in 120 languages.
6. T. N. Chaturvedi has recently passed away. He was a former governor of which of the following state?
- Former Governor of Karnataka T N Chaturvedi passed away.
- T N Chaturvedi served as the Comptroller and Auditor General of India from 1984 to 1989.
7. Which city will host the third international symposium on marine ecosystem’s challenges and opportunities?
- Kochi will host the third international symposium on marine ecosystems challenges and opportunities (MECOS-3) from January 7 to 10.
8. Which is true about Mukhyamantri Karmachari Swasthya Bima Yojana?
Answer- Every government employee and their families eligible for medical treatment worth Rs 5 lakh annually / This scheme is started by the Madhya Pradesh Government / The eligibility will be enhanced to Rs 10 lakh in critical cases
- The Madhya Pradesh government has given its 12.55 lakh employees a new year bonanza by approving a health insurance scheme, ‘Mukhyamantri Karmachari Swasthya Bima Yojana’.
- All of the previous statements are true.
9. Which state will inaugurate the first-of-its-kind turtle rehabilitation center?
- A first-of-its-kind rehabilitation centre for freshwater turtles will be inaugurated in Bihar’s Bhagalpur forest division in January 2020.
- The rehab centre, spread over half a hectare, will be able to shelter 500 turtles at a time.
10. On 27th December 2019, India’s Forex reserves touch all-time high of ____________.
Answer- 457.468 billion
- India’s foreign exchange reserves swelled by 2.520 billion USD to touch a record high of 457.468 billion USD in the week that ended on 27th December 2019.
11. For which motion picture Renee Zellweger won 77th Golden Globes Awards 2020 for best actress?
- Best Motion Picture – Drama: 1917
- Best Actress in a Motion Picture – Drama: Renee Zellweger, (Judy)
- Best Actor in a Motion Picture – Drama: Joaquin Phoenix, (Joker)
Check Out – Current Affairs 6-1-2020