Current Affairs plays an important role in UPSC, SSC, BANK and Other State Level Government Exams. Reading Current Affairs on a daily basis boosts your knowledge and increases the chance of your dream job.
1. Government of India signed MoU with which e-commerce company for selling the products made by women self-help groups under Deendayal Antyodaya Yojana-National Urban Livelihoods Mission (DAY-NULM).
- Government of India signed MoU with Flipkart for selling the products made by women self-help groups under Deendayal Antyodaya Yojana-National Urban Livelihoods Mission (DAY-NULM) on the e-commerce platform
2. Who has launched ‘Meri Dilli, Mera Sujhav’ Campaign?
Answer- Smriti Irani
- Union Minister Smriti Irani launched a Meri Dilli, Mera Sujhav Campaign with a view to gather suggestions from the people of the national capital for formulation of party’s manifesto for the forthcoming Assembly polls in Delhi.
- Mrs Irani also launched a website and mobile number 6357171717 on which people can record their suggestions
3. The second tallest statue of Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel in the world has been unveiled at _______.
- Gujarat Chief Minister Vijay Rupani unveiled the second tallest statue of Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel in the world at Ahmedabad.
- 50 feet tall bronze statue with a weight of 70 thousand kilograms has been unveiled at the Sardardham campus near Vaishnodevi Circle in Ahmedabad.
4. Manav Thakkar is associated with which sports?
Answer- Table Tennis
- Young Indian paddler Manav Thakkar became world no.1 in the latest International Table Tennis Federation (ITTF) rankings in the Under-21 men’s singles category.
5. Who bags the best men’s player title at Dubai Globe Soccer Awards?
Answer- Cristiano Ronaldo
- Famous Portuguese professional football player Cristiano Ronaldo was awarded by Globe Soccer Award as the best men’s player of the year in the international football function held in Dubai.
6. KVIC opened the first silk processing plant in which Indian state to boost Patola saree production?
- Khadi and Village Industries Commission (KVIC) inaugurated the first silk processing plant at Surendranagar in Gujarat.
- This would help cut down the cost of production of silk yarn drastically and increase the sale and availability of raw material for Gujarati ‘Patola’ sarees locally
7. Recently, Zoran Zaev resigns as the Prime Minister of which country?
Answer – North Macedonia
- Prime Minister of North Macedonia, Zoran Zaev submitted his resignation, paving the way for a new caretaker Cabinet to be named in order to organize a snap election.
8. Recently, Which company has acquired ‘RiskRecon’ to strengthen its cybersecurity front?
- Mastercard, a leading global payments & technology company has acquired RiskRecon Inc.
- RiskRecon Inc is a leading third-party cyber risk solutions provider, to protect cyber systems & infrastructure
9. Which state government has launched the eGazette portal for all gazette notifications?
- Odisha Chief Secretary Asit Tripathy launched an e-gazette portal and directed all departments to make use of the portal for all gazette notifications.
- The system has been developed by NIC which is first of its kind in the country.
Check Out – Current Affairs 5-1-2020