Current Affairs plays an important role in UPSC, SSC, BANK and Other State Level Government Exams. Reading Current Affairs on a daily basis boosts your knowledge and increases the chance of your dream job.
1. Which state government has recently announced to observe 2020 as “Susashan Sankalp Varsh”?
- Haryana Chief Minister Manohar Lal Khattar has announced to observe the year 2020 as “Susashan Sankalp Varsh”.
- As a part of this, suggestions and reforms in the field of governance would be invited from people of the State.
2. Who has been declared as “the most famous teenager in the world” by the UN in its ‘Decade in Review’ report?
Answer- Malala Yousafzai
- The UN has declared Pakistani education activist and Nobel laureate Malala Yousafzai as “the most famous teenager in the world” in its ‘Decade in Review’ report.
3. According to ‘World Economic League Table 2020’, India will overtake Germany to become the fourth-largest economy in the world by the year________.
- India will overtake Germany to become the fourth-largest economy in the world by the year 2026.
- According to a report by the UK-based Centre for Economics and Business Research (CEBR), India is all set to overtake Japan to become the third-largest economy by 2034.
4. Belum Caves Festival has been postponed to January. Belum Caves are located in _______.
Answer- Andhra Pradesh
- The Belum Caves Festival has been postponed to January after the dates clashed with Governor Biswa Bhusan Harichandan’s visit to the district.
- Belum Caves, also known as Belum Guhalu in Kurnool district of Andhra Pradesh is the second-longest cave in the Indian subcontinent open to the public.
5. MDR charges will not be applicable on transactions through RuPay, UPI platforms from the 1st of January. M in MRD stands for _______.
- Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman has said that no Merchant Discount Rate (MDR) will be applicable on transactions through homegrown RuPay and UPI platforms beginning the 1st of January next year.
CHECK NOW- THE HINDU NEWSPAPER 31-12-2019
6. Which state government has recently approved Mahatma Jyotirao Phule Farmer Loan Waiver & Shiv Bhojan Subsidised Meal scheme?
- The Shiv Sena-led government in Maharashtra has approved two news schemes namely
- Mahatma Jyotirao Phule Farmer Loan Waiver Scheme
- Shiv Bhojan Subsidised Meal Scheme
7. The SBI will launch OTP-based cash withdrawal for transactions above _______ at all its ATMs.
Answer- Rs 10,000
- The State Bank of India (SBI) will switch to a one-time password (OTP) based cash withdrawal system at all its ATMs from January 1, 2020, onwards.
- The new OTP-based ATM withdrawal will be applicable for transactions above Rs 10,000, between 8 pm to 8 am.
8. The UN General Assembly has adopted the regular operating budget of ________ for the United Nations for the year 2020.
Answer- $3.07 billion
- The UN General Assembly has adopted the regular operating budget of $3.07 billion ($3,073,830,500) for the United Nations for the year 2020 and for the first time includes funding for the investigation of war crimes in Syria and Myanmar.
9. Who will be the recipient of this year’s prestigious CK Nayudu Lifetime Award given by the BCCI?
Answer- Kris Srikkanth / Anjum Chopra
- Former India captain and member of the 1983 World Cup-winning team Kris Srikkanth and former India women’s captain Anjum Chopra, will be the recipient of this year’s prestigious CK Nayudu Lifetime Award given by the BCCI.
10. Koneru Humpy is associated with which sports?
- Indian chess grandmaster Koneru Humpy has become the 2019 Women’s World Rapid Champion
Check Out – Current Affairs 30-12-19