Current Affairs plays an important role in UPSC, SSC, BANK and Other State Level Government Exams. Reading Current Affairs on a daily basis boosts your knowledge and increases the chance of your dream job.
1. India’s first university for the transgender community will come up in _______ district of Uttar Pradesh.
- The country’s first university for the transgender community will be opened in Uttar Pradesh’s Kushinagar district.
- It will facilitate its members to study right from class one to PG and even do research and get a Ph.D. degree.
2. In December 2019, Government of India has decided to infuse _______ into Allahabad Bank, IOB & UCO Bank.
Answer- Rs 8,655 crore
- The Government of India has approved the release of Rs 8,655 crore as fresh capital to three public sector banks.
- The list includes Allahabad Bank, Indian Overseas Bank (IOB) and UCO Bank.
3. In December 2019, Which organization has announced a loan of $210 million for irrigation and solar energy projects in India.
Answer- Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank
- The Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank (AIIB) has announced a loan of $210 million for irrigation and solar energy projects in India.
- The bank will lend $145 million to improve irrigation services and strengthen flood risk management in West Bengal.
- The bank will also lend $65 million for a 250-megawatt (MW) solar project in Rajasthan.
4. Which bank has partnered with Magicbricks for listing and e-auctioning of immovable properties?
Answer –Federal Bank
- Private sector lender Federal Bank has tied up with online real estate platform Magicbricks for listing and e-auctioning of immovable properties repossessed by it in recovery proceedings.
5. Recently, the Bharat Petroleum Corporation Limited (BPCL) has set up the LPG Bottling Plant in which district of Odisha?
- The Bharat Petroleum Corporation Limited (BPCL) has set up the new state-of-the-art LPG Bottling Plant at Village Barkani in Bolangir district of Odisha.
- The LPG bottling plant with an annual capacity of filling 42 lakh cylinders has been developed by state-run BPCL
CHECK NOW- THE HINDU NEWSPAPER 30-12-2019
6. The government has made Aadhaar mandatory for subscribers of Pradhan Mantri Vaya Vandana Yojana (PMVVY). PMVVY is related to ______.
Answer-Pension for senior citizens
- Centre government has made Aadhaar mandatory for subscribers of Pradhan Mantri Vaya Vandana Yojana (PMVVY).
- PMVVY is a pension scheme for senior citizens.
7. Recently, Union Finance Minister Smt Nirmala Sitharaman released postage stamps to commemorate the services of DRI. DRI stands for _______.
Answer- Directorate of Revenue Intelligence
- Union Finance Minister Smt. Nirmala Sitharaman released postage stamps to commemorate the services of the Directorate of Revenue Intelligence (DRI) in order to protect the nation.
- DRI plays an immense role to counter smuggling and preserve cultural heritage and the environment of the country.
8. In 2019 fundraising through IPOs stood at _______.
Answer- Rs 12,362 crore
- The fundraising through IPOs plunged to a low Rs 12,362 crore in 2019, down a full 60 percent from 2018 when the street mopped up Rs 30,959 crore.
- The outgoing year saw only 16 initial public offerings (IPOs) as against 24 in 2018
9. Who has laid the foundation stone for the country’s first transit-oriented development (TOD) project in New Delhi?
Answer- Amit Shah
- Union Home Minister Amit Shah laid the foundation stone for the country’s first transit-oriented development (TOD) project in New Delhi.
- Under the TOD project a state-of-the-art infrastructure zone, including national capital’s tallest tower, will be built in east Delhi.
10. Cabinet approve a fund of _______ to update National Population Register?
Answer – Rs.3,941.35 crore
Union Cabinet chaired by Prime Minister Narendra Modi has given in-principal approval to clear budgetary allocation of Rs.8,754.23 crore for conducting Census of India, 2021, along with Rs.3,941.35 crore for updating National Population Register (NPR) across the country.
11. Recently, Allee Willis passed away. She was a famous _______.
- The American songwriter Allee Willis passed away recently.
- She penned the iconic “I’ll Be There For You” track for the long-running television show “Friends”. She won a Grammy in 1985 for her work on the soundtrack for “Beverly Hills Cop“.
Check Out – Current Affairs 29-12-19