Current Affairs plays an important role in UPSC, SSC, BANK and Other State Level Government Exams. Reading Current Affairs on a daily basis boosts your knowledge and increases the chance of your dream job.
1. Which state is hosting a 3-day Narmada Mahotsav from 31 January to 02 February?
Answer- Madhya Pradesh
- In Madhya Pradesh, three-day Narmada Mahotsav is being started from in the picturesque plains of Amarkantak on the occasion of Narmada Jayanti.
- The Narmada is a major source of drinking water, irrigation, and hydroelectricity for Madhya Pradesh and Gujarat.
- During the Mahotsav, one day will be reserved for all women activities under the theme of “Beti Bachao – Beti Padhao”.
2. According to UNDP India, Which state has emerged as the best-performing state in promoting inclusive and sustainable economic growth and decent work for all on Sustainable Development Goals (SDG) India Index 2019?
Answer – Telangana
- Telangana has emerged as the best-performing state in promoting inclusive and sustainable economic growth and decent work for all on Sustainable Development Goals (SDG) India Index 2019, according to UNDP India.
- The state has improved its performance over 2018 in eight out of 17 SDGs
3. Which bank has recently launched tailor-made credit products for textile named as Corporate Loan and Ind Surya Shakthi?
Answer- Indian Bank
- Public sector Indian Bank announced the launch of two tailor-made credit products for the benefit of the textile sector.
- The products — Corporate Loan and Ind Surya Shakthi/ Indian Bank Solar — would be available for all textile units across the country.
4. World Wetlands Day is observed every year on ________.
Answer- 02 February
- World Wetlands Day occurs annually on February 2, marking the date of the adoption of the Convention on Wetlands on February 2, 1971.
- On this day a small group of environmentalists signed an international agreement at the Ramsar Convention in Iran.
5. Who has won the won 2019 PEN Gauri Lankesh Award for Democratic Idealism?
Answer- Yusuf Jameel
- Kashmiri reporter Yusuf Jameel has received the second edition of an award set up in the memory of journalist Gauri Lankesh.
- Jameel was given the 2019-2020 award for showing an “exemplary commitment to professional integrity and the ideals of democracy”.
6. Who has been appointed as the next Ambassador of India to Nepal?
Answer- Vinay Mohan Kwatra
- The Ministry of External Affairs appointed Vinay Mohan Kwatra as India’s next ambassador to Nepal.
- He will be replacing Manjeev Singh Puri, the current Indian ambassador to Nepal.
7. Who has become the first Indian woman footballer to get a professional contract from Scottish Rangers FC?
Answer- Bala Devi
- Renowned Scottish club Rangers FC announced the signing of women’s national team forward Bala Devi, a first in Indian football.
- This will make Bala the first Indian woman to become a professional footballer anywhere in the world and she also becomes Rangers’ first Asian international footballer
8. Recently, Ajmal Sultanpuri passed away. He was a famous ________.
- Noted Urdu poet Ajmal Sultanpuri passed away after a protracted illness.
- He was awarded the Lifetime Achievement Award by Uttar Pradesh Urdu Academy in March 2016 for his contribution to Urdu poetry.
9. Recently, Finance minister Nirmala Sitharaman presented the Union Budget 2020 in Parliament. Who has presented the Union Budget for maximum time?
Answer- Morarji Desai
- Till day, Morarji Desai has presented 10 budgets which are the highest count followed by P Chidambaram’s 9 and Pranab Mukherjee’s 8.
10. Recently, Which bank has launched a unique self-service delivery facility ‘iBox’ for its customers?
Answer- ICICI Bank
- The private lender ICICI Bank has launched a first-of-its-kind, unique self-service delivery facility, called ‘iBox’.
- This facility will enable its customers to collect their deliverables such as debit card, credit card, cheque book, and returned-cheques, in a hassle-free manner, anytime any day.
11. The 12th edition of the annual South Asia Conference was held in ________.
Answer- New Delhi
- The 12th edition of the annual South Asia Conference was held on 28-29 January 2020 in New Delhi.
- The theme of the South Asia Conference 2020 was India’s “Neighbourhood First” Policy: Regional Perceptions.