Current Affairs plays an important role in UPSC, SSC, BANK and Other State Level Government Exams. Reading Current Affairs on a daily basis boosts your knowledge and increases the chance of your dream job.
1. World Philosophy Day is observed on _________ every year.
Answer: 3rd Thursday of November
World Philosophy Day is an international day proclaimed by UNESCO to be celebrated every 3rd Thursday of November.
2. In November, The Directorate of School Education (DSEJ) has launched a special drive under ‘Aao School Chalein’ in _______.
- In Jammu, the Directorate of School Education (DSEJ) has launched a special enrollment drive under the banner ‘Aao School Chalein’ for increasing the enrollment in government schools.
- Apart from increasing the enrollment in the Government schools, the prime focus of the drive is on the strengthening of pre-schooling of children in the age group of 3 to 5 years.
3. The Securities and Exchange Board of India has increased the investment limit for clients of PMS to Rs 50 lakh. P in PMS stands for ________.
- The Securities and Exchange Board of India has doubled the minimum investment limit for clients of Portfolio Management Services to Rs 50 lakh.
- Currently, the minimum ticket size for investing in PMS is Rs 25 lakh
- The market regulator also increased the net worth requirement for PMS to Rs 5 crore from Rs 2 crore earlier
4. According to, Swachh Survekshan Grameen Awards 2019, Which state showed the maximum citizen participation?
Answer: Uttar Pradesh
Swachh Survekshan Grameen 2019 awards
- The top-ranked state: Tamil Nadu
- Top-ranked district: Peddapalli (Telangana),
- State with the maximum citizen participation: Uttar Pradesh
5. In November 2019, The Lal Bahadur Shastri National Academy of Administration (LBSNAA), Mussoorie has signed an MoU with which Institute for the exchange faculty members for various training programs?
Answer: IIM Indore
- IIM Indore has signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with Lal Bahadur Shastri National Academy of Administration (LBSNAA), Mussoorie.
- The MoU has been signed with a view to exchanging faculty members for various training programs.
6. Divyansh Singh Panwar has recently won a gold medal. He is associated with which sports?
- ISSF WC Final: Manu, Elavenil, Divyansh treat India to triple gold
- Divyansh Singh Panwar won gold in the men’s 10m air rifle event after shooting a score of 250.1 in the final.
- This is 17-year-old Panwar’s maiden World Cup Final win in just his first appearance at the tournament.
7. Oxford Dictionaries has named ______ as its 2019 Word of the Year?
Answer: Climate Emergency
- Oxford Dictionaries has named “climate emergency” as its 2019 Word of the Year.
- Earlier this month, rival Collins Dictionary chose “climate strike” as its word of the year.
8. Who has been sworn in as the new Prime minister of Sri Lanka?
Answer. Mahinda Rajapaksa
- In Sri Lanka, Mahinda Rajapaksa has been sworn in as the new Prime minister.
- He was sworn in by President Gotabaya Rajapksa, his younger brother after Ranil Wickremesinghe resigned from his post.
9. Which city is hosting the world’s biggest Islamic Congregation ‘Aalmi Tablighi Ijtima’?
- In Madhya Pradesh, the four-day Aalmi Tablighi Ijtima, the world’s biggest Islamic Congregation began in Bhopal.
- More than one million people from 54 countries are expected to attend the congregation which will continue till 25th November.
10. In November 2019, Which State/UT government has released the new Land Policy 2019 after 30 years to safeguard the interest of the indigenous people?
- Assam Chief Minister Sarbananda Sonowal released the new Land Policy 2019 in Guwahati.
- The Land Policy was approved by Cabinet on 21st October and it has been prepared by the Revenue and Disaster Management Department after 30 years.
11. World Television Day is observed every year on ________.
Answer: 21 November
- World Television Day is celebrated on 21 November every year.
- UN General Assembly proclaimed November 21 as World Television Day to commemorate the date on which the first World Television Forum was held.
Check out Current Affairs 22-11-19
“Do share it with your friends to help them to achieve their dream job in the government sector.”