Current Affairs plays an important role in UPSC, SSC, BANK and Other State Level Government Exams. Reading Current Affairs on a daily basis boosts your knowledge and increases the chance of your dream job.
1. India ranks at ________ on Worldwide Education for the Future Index 2019.
- India ranks 35th in the Worldwide Educating for the Future Index (WEFFI) 2019, as per a report published by The Economist Intelligence Unit.
- Finland was at the top of the index followed by Sweden.
2. International Mother Language Day is observed every year on ________.
Answer- 21 February
- International Mother Language Day (IMLD) is a worldwide annual observance held on 21 February.
- The idea to celebrate International Mother Language Day was the initiative of Bangladesh. In Bangladesh, 21 February is the anniversary of the day when Bangladeshis fought for recognition for the Bangla language
3. India to switch to the world’s cleanest petrol, diesel from April 1. BS-VI has a sulphur content of ________ppm.
- India will switch to the world’s cleanest petrol and diesel from April 1 as it leapfrogs straight to Euro-VI emission compliant fuels from Euro-IV grades now.
- BS-VI has a sulphur content of just 10 ppm and emission standards are as good as CNG.
4. Which institutes has topped the Nature Ranking Index-2020?
Answer- Council of Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR)
- Council of Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR) has been ranked first in the Nature Ranking Index-2020.
- CSIR on average files about 200 Indian patents and 250 foreign patents annually.
5. The Central Pollution Board (CPCB) has identified 60 pollution river stretches based on BOD in different northeastern states. BOD stands for _________.
Answer- Biochemical Oxygen Demand
- The Central Pollution Board (CPCB) has identified 60 pollution river stretches based on Biochemical Oxygen Demand (BOD) in different northeastern states.
- According to the report, CPCB has identified over 350 polluted river stretches across India and the number continues to grow
6. Which state government has allocated 100 cr to develop ‘Nehru Baal Sanrakshan Kosh’ to prevent child labour and trafficking?
- Rajasthan Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot presented the state budget for the financial year 2020-21 in the state assembly.
- Mr. Gahlot announced that 100 cr ‘Nehru Baal Sanrakshan Kosh’ to be established to prevent child labour and trafficking.
7. Who has won the won the ESPN’s Female Sportsperson of the Year award
Answer- P V Sindhu
- World champion shuttler P V Sindhu won the ESPN’s Female Sportsperson of the Year award for a third consecutive time while young shooter Saurabh Chaudhary bagged the honour in the male category.
8. Who has become the second Indian woman to win a gold medal at the Asian Wrestling Championships after Navjot Kaur?
Answer- Divya Kakran
- Divya Kakran became only the second Indian woman to win a gold medal at the Asian Wrestling Championships defeating junior world champion Naruha Matsuyuki in New Delhi.
- Navjot Kaur had become the first Indian woman to win a gold medal at the Asian Championships in 2018 in Bishkek, Kyrgyzstan in 65 kilograms.
9. The eighth edition of Ganga Kayak Festival was inaugurated in _________.
- The eighth edition of the Ganga Kayak Festival was inaugurated in Devprayag.
- The festival is jointly organized with Uttarakhand Tourism Development Council and The Adventure Sports Society is witnessing participation of 45 male and 6 women athletes from Russia, Australia, and Nepal.
10. Which company has acquired Chroma Labs that was founded by Facebook veterans in 2018?
- Twitter has acquired California-based Chroma Labs that develops tools for short-form video and photo creation and was founded by seven Facebook and Instagram workers in 2018.
- The Chroma Stories app let users fill in stylish layout templates and frames for posting collages and more to Instagram Stories, Snapchat and more.
11. Which state will host the North East Sustainable Development Goals Conclave 2020?
- NITI Aayog will organizing “Sustainable Development Goals (SDG) Conclave 2020: Partnerships, Cooperation and Development of North Eastern States” in Guwahati, Assam.
- Niti Aayog has the mandate of overseeing the adoption and monitoring of SDGs at the national and sub-national levels.