Current Affairs plays an important role in UPSC, SSC, BANK and Other State Level Government Exams. Reading Current Affairs on a daily basis boosts your knowledge and increases the chance of your dream job.
1. Who has been named La Liga’s first India brand ambassador?
Answer – Rohit Sharma
- One of international cricket’s premier batsmen, Rohit Sharma was named the first-ever India brand ambassador of top Spanish football club Real Madrid.
- He is the first non-footballer in the history of the league to have become a brand ambassador.
2. The United Nations (UN) has declared ________ as International Tea Day.
Answer- 21 May
- The United Nations (UN) has declared May 21 as International Tea Day on the recommendations of India, however, this day is celebrated on December 15 Every Year
3. COP26 will take place in _______.
- The longest UN climate talks ended in Madrid with no deal on carbon markets.
- Next year summit COP26 will take place in Glasgow in the UK.
4. The World Design Organization will launch World Design Protopolis in which Indian city?
- The World Design Organization is all set to launch its new global program World Design Protopolis in Bengaluru.
- It aims at implementing holistic progress in megacities across the world and making them sustainable.
5. Recently, Google has revealed that it’s mapping service, Google Earth now covers more than ________ of the world.
Answer- 98 %
- Search engine giant Google has revealed that it’s powerful mapping service, Google Earth now covers more than 98 percent of the world.
- It has captured 10 million miles of Street View imagery, a distance that could circle the globe more than 400 times.
CHECK NOW- THE HINDU NEWSPAPER 17-12-2019
6. Recently, ‘Tony-Ann Singh’ has won the ‘Miss World 2019’. She is from which country?
- Tony-Ann Singh of Jamaica was announced as the winner of the Miss World 2019 beauty pageant held at the ExCeL London.
- Meanwhile, Ophelie Mezino of France and Suman Rao of India were the first and second runners up of the beauty pageant respectively.
7. Recently, Danny Aiello passed away. He was a famous _______.
- Danny Aiello, a prolific actor who was nominated for an Academy Award for his role as pizzeria owner Sal in Spike Lee’s “Do the Right Thing,” has died.
8. Which Indian has recently won the Crystal award for spreading mental health awareness?
Answer – Deepika Padukone
- Deepika Padukone won the 26th Annual Crystal Award for spreading awareness about the importance of mental health.
- She is the only Indian actress to appear in the list of winners of Davos 2020.
9. Who has topped the Forbes 100 most powerful women list?
- The Forbes 2019 list of ‘The World’s 100 Most Powerful Women’ has been topped by German Chancellor Angela Merkel, followed by President of the European Central Bank Christine Lagarde in the second spot and Speaker of the US House of Representatives Nancy Pelosi, ranked third.
- Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman, HCL Corporation CEO and Executive Director Roshni Nadar Malhotra and Biocon Founder Kiran Mazumdar-Shaw have been named among the world’s 100 most powerful women by Forbes.
10. ‘Mind Master’ is the autobiography of ________.
- Viswanathan Anand has launched his autobiography ‘Mind Master’.
- Anand’s autobiography is co-authored by sports journalist Susan Ninan.
- It has been published by THG Publishing Private Limited.
11. Vijay Diwas is observed every year in _______ to commemorate India’s victory over Pakistan in 1971 war.
- The nation celebrates Vijay Diwas on 16 December to commemorate India’s victory over Pakistan in the 1971 war.
- It was on this day in 1971, the chief of the Pakistani forces, General AA Khan Niazi, along with 93 thousand troops, had surrendered unconditionally to the allied forces consisting of the Indian Army and Mukti Bahini.
CHECK OUT – CURRENT AFFAIRS 16-12-19