Current Affairs plays an important role in UPSC, SSC, BANK and Other State Level Government Exams. Reading Current Affairs on a daily basis boosts your knowledge and increases the chance of your dream job.
1. Indian Armed Forces Flag Day is observed every year on _______ .
Answer – 7 December
- The Indian Armed Forces Flag Day is observed every year on December 7 since 1949.
- It is a day to honour the soldiers, airmen, and sailors of India who fought on the borders to safeguard the country
2. International Anti-Corruption Day is observed every year on _______.
Answer- 9 December
- International Anti-Corruption Day has been observed annually, on 9 December to raise public awareness for anti-corruption.
- Theme of the day is, ‘United Against Corruption.’
3. Who has won the Miss Universe 2019 title?
Answer- Zozibini Tunzi
- Miss South Africa Zozibini Tunzi was crowned as Miss Universe 2019 at the event held at Tyler Perry Studios in Atlanta, United States.
- The 26-year-old Zozibini Tunzi was presented the crown by Philippines’ Catriona Gray, who was the Miss Universe winner in 2018.
4. According to the Stockholm International Peace Research Institute’s report (SIPRI), Which country is the biggest manufacturer of arms in the world?
Answer- United States
- Worldwide arms sales rose by nearly five percent in 2018.
- According to a new report by the Stockholm International Peace Research Institute (SIPRI), the market is dominated by the United States
5. Recently, Haryana CM inaugurated Integrated Command and Control Centre in _______.
Answer – Gurugram
- Haryana Chief Minister Manohar Lal Khattar has inaugurated Gurgaon’s ambitious Integrated Command and Control Centre (ICCC).
- It has been developed as the nerve centre to provide multifaceted online smart services to people.
Check out Current Affairs 8-12-19
6. According to a recent announcement, 30 Rafale jets will have initials of _______ name on it.
Answer – B S Dhanoa
- In recognition of Air Chief Marshal (retd) B S Dhanoa’s unrelenting backing for the Rafale deal, the Indian Air Force has decided to put tail numbers in 30 Rafale jets with ‘BS’ initials.
7. In December 2019, Which country is hosting Incredible India Road Show 2019?
Important Points –
- The Incredible India Road Show will be held in Singapore, positioning the country as a preferred destination for tourists.
- A total of 1,75,852 tourists from Singapore visited India in 2017, a growth of 7.4 percent on the year, said the India Tourism Singapore office.
8. Which Indian city will host the Eklavya Model Residential School All India Sports Competition?
- Eklavya Model Residential School All India Sports Competition will start at Bhopal in Madhya Pradesh.
- Eklavya Model Residential Schools (EMRSs) scheme is one of the flagship interventions of the Ministry of Tribal Affairs introduced in 1997-98 to ensure tribal students get access to quality education in the remote tribal areas.
9. What is the 2019 theme for the Professional Photographers for the 8th National Photography Awards?
Answer – Life and Water
Important Points –
- Photo Division, Press Information Bureau, under the Ministry of Information and Broadcasting, has invited entries for the 8th National Photography Awards.
- The Lifetime Achievement Award carries a Cash Prize of Rs 3,00,000.
- This year’s theme for Professional Photographers is ‘Life and Water.’
10. Recently, Bhagabat Mohanty passed away. He served as the Higher Education Minister of which Indian state?
Answer – Odisha
Important Points –
- Former Odisha Minister Bhagabat Prasad Mohanty passed away.
- Mohanty represented Kendrapda thrice in the state Assembly.
- He had served as the Higher Education Minister of the state.
11. In December 2019, Which city hosted the 54th DGsP/IGsP Conference?
Answer – Pune
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi took part in the 54th DGsP/IGsP Conference held in Pune.
- The Prime Minister addressed the valedictory session of the Conference.
“Do share it with your friends to help them to achieve their dream job in the government sector.”